*$500 Sign On Bonus*
The Independent Living Program Manager is responsible for the successful administration and management of the clinical, budgetary and business operations of the Independent Living Program. Provide administrative supervision to all program employees. The program manager should also be proactive and must focus on self advocacy, rights, and community integration.
1. Organize staff and staffing functions to provide appropriate and efficient individual contact, services and satisfaction.
2. Participate in the on boarding of staff for efficiency in service delivery and operations.
3. Monitor scheduling of staff across the program to ensure economy and efficiency of consumer contact and program coverage. Work onsite as needed for shift coverage.
4. Manage administrative processes and requirements in consultation with the Program Director 5. Provide onsite management of administrative operations
6. Conduct bi-weekly staff meetings
7. Attend bi-weekly Managers meetings
8. Complete monthly billing (SDR’s) for the IS program
9. Ensure that performance evaluations are conducted for all program employees.
10. Maintain constructive and productive internal and external communications with staff, managers, providers, vendors, and funding sources.
11. Ensure health and safety of individuals and staff through compliance with agency policies, OSHA and other safety standards.
12. Ensure personal centered planning and delivery.
13. Ensure training and monitor implementation for all staff in overall agency and division mission and values.
14. Ensure that the clinical integrity of the Individual Support Program and services are maintained.
15. Ensure individuals supported are treated with dignity and respect in accordance with Advocates, Inc. Human Rights policies.
16. Attend trainings assigned; maintain necessary certifications to include, CPR/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Fire Safety, Safety Care)
17. Ensure that staff receives appropriate certifications and training to perform duties adequately.
18. Perform all duties in accordance with the agency’s policies and procedures.
At Advocates, the health and safety of the people in our care, our employees, and the broader community is our top priority. Effective October 18, 2021, Advocates will require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e. both doses of Pfizer or Moderna, or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson.)
Advocates is committed to cultivating a diverse and welcoming community where everyone feels respected and valued. Advocates fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and promotes diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, partnered status, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.